Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We Love the Fair!


Hi there!
Since you don’t have enough junk information, I thought you’d like to see me “owling” or at least my version! This is the day before our store move began. At the end I’ll only be able to do “planking” since I’m sure I’ll be flat out!

I don’t remember who suggested this year’s fair theme, but it’s very meaningful to me. My mom was a 4H leader and the fair was the biggest event of the year. Four days of junk food, late nights, and running all over the Montgomery County Fair Grounds in Dayton, Ohio, like so many birds. My sister and I each did a demonstration at the 4H tent and a good time was had by all in spite of the intense late summer heat.

My first big date with my husband was to the Ohio State Fair. After a 15 hour day together, we were still getting along so we decided we might have something special. That was 40 years ago.
We hope our colored lights and popcorn machine and general old timey air will bring back happy memories for you, too.

See you at the Fair!

Mary Anne
and the gang at Red Hen

No comments: